Distributed rendering needs a working network environment with proper setup and stable connections. Loose contacts or bad cabling is a big problem for DR rendering even when windows seems to work.
If one PC can DR render and the other one can't several reasons may be possible:
- Make sure the fR-Server application is running on the slave
- Make sure that the frserver.ini file is properly configured
- Make sure that the start.max file is present and the path in the frserver.ini is correct
- Also check out the IP adress/name of the slave PC try either option
- Backburner must be run at least one time on all machines involved in a DR rendering.
- try to run the 3ds max DR sessio nlocally first (from within the fR-Server application) If this works fiine it is a TCP/IP access problem.
- Make sure the used Port number is free and not blcoked bei either PC